Here are some questions that are frequently asked about our rentals and our River Access.
How close are the rentals to the river?
Castaway Farmhouse is a few hundred yards from the river. It's an easy walk, but if you are carrying gear, you'll probably want to drive.
There is a gravel driveway that runs almost to the river. You are welcome to to park there. This will leave you with a walk of about 150 feet.
Redbrick Castaway is closer to the river, though still not at the water's edge. From Redbrick, it's an easy walk across the field to the water.
Third Castaway is across the road from the other homes, but has use of the same river access as all the castaways.
How much private river access do you have?
Our property has over 2000 feet of river frontage (partly wooded and part pasture), and as our guests you are welcome to use it. Additionally, the islands in the river are public. Even better, downstream from us there is nothing but pasture and woods for the next half mile or so, and fishermen are free to walk the river banks.
How developed is the river in your area?
There is no business or industrial development on the river between South Holston Dam and Bluff City. Small farms are the norm for this area. There are, however, occasional houses on or near the river. In fact, my home overlooks the river at our access. But for the most part, the river banks are wooded or pasture. It's a very scenic area, and rich in wildlife, not to mention fish.
OK, you've sold me. I'd like to make a reservation. What do I do next?
- First, you'll want to call or email to check for availability.
- Once you've settled on a date, a $100 deposit is required to confirm your reservation. We will hold your dates until your deposit reaches us.
- We will then send you a confirmation letter that indicates the dates you have reserved, the balance of your bill, and detailed travel directions.
- When you arrive, check in with us (we are next door, so this is easy). We'll ask you to sign a rental contract, accept your payment for the balance of your bill, and give you keys to the house.
- When you are ready to check-out, just return the keys, and you're on your way.
- After you leave we will assess the condition of the house, and (assuming that everything's OK) return or destroy your damage deposit, whichever you prefer.
If you still have questions, don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to promply answer any questions you might have. We also welcome any comments or suggestions you might have for our website.